Thursday, April 29, 2010

The end and also the beginning

Hey all!

I realize that I have been very negligent. I haven't posted anything since the end of February, and it's almost May. So I shall do a quick update:

Rome was amazing. I was able to spend my birthday there. We took the metro to get around the city and each time we walked off, there was a new and beautiful surprise awaiting us. I got to see Trajan's Column, the Spanish Steps, St Paul Outside the Walls, St. John Lateran, St. Peter's including the cupola and the Scavi underground, Pantheon, Mary Majors, and about 50 other Churches in 6 days! Ok, that MAY be an exaggeration, BUT it's close to what happened. Our Rome Itinerary was so jam-packed that I will find it refreshing to tour anything with dad again (;P). In addition, I kinda was able to practice my spanish b/c they all speak Italian, which is kinda close, or at least similar. It was so warm too. I went to a papal audience and saw some friends from Christendom, I saw the Sistine chapel, which I would have paid 30 euro to go see had it been necessary. It was handy to have a student discount card though. I felt like I was stealing! anyway, after that we headed to Assisi.

(To be contintued in the summer...)

No comments:

Post a Comment